Who of you is still working?

P

oh thank you smilodon. Yes, dog sibling it is indeed. yes. yes.

Hey smilodon, I saw A Bunch of Amateurs just before christmas - it was great!! loads of fun.

I'm away until 2nd Jan,so won't be getting much at all done until then (unless vigurous shopping and hill walking counts). You all make me feel like a complete slacker...

S

Oh ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((huge hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to Olivia and P'Bug - how awful for you both - I think unless you have family members of the 4 legged variety its difficult to understand how devastating it is when they leave us :-( P'Bug, I really hope that they find out what is wrong with your dogs xxxxxxxxx (oh, and its fine to use my real name - there are thousands I'm sure who have the same name so no probs with anonimity ;-) We have lots of animals too - so far this year we've done ok with them - the year before last my favourite parrot who was like a baby to me and spent his whole life sat on my shoulder while I was working dropped dead on Christmas Eve - I found him dead in his cage and had a really hard job with whether to tell the children or not, then last year my ex's mum died on Christmas morning - that was awful! We were waiting for her to go and praying she wouldn't go on that day - telling the kids that their grandma had died was so hard. So I was really pleased to at least make it through Christmas day without any bereavements. I'm much the same in that its always a relief to get to New Year - but I hate that too! Bah Humbug lol.

S

i am well into my reading and paper writing, i plan to finish four journal papers during this xmas holiday, now i am at the end of the third paper, the fourth one , however, will be a very tough one, coz i aim this one to a super good journal with very high impact factor. my new year wish would be having all of them published in my ideal journals.

S

Gosh Speigelboy - if I can just manage another 1000 words before NY I will be mightily pleased;-)

P

======= Date Modified 27 Dec 2008 20:39:12 =======
thank you amanda (forum, "stressed" as we all know her, is Amanda by the way!)..dogs are wounded and still being tied up so they cant see each other's shadows, mum transiting between one and the other... apparently this aggression happened cos they are all lady doggies living together, or something to do with not having babies dont know what...oh gosh :$

If after 3 dogs, they had to have puppies now, my family would leave for the mountains on a pilgrimage towards peace and never return lol!

I suggested their having puppies to my mum, she I think wanted to bash me up for giving advice from half a globe away, that too advice that wanted to multiply 3 fighting dogs into 15 of them.

A

Hi All!

Am on holiday with my lovely undergraduate friends but thought I'd check in to let you know I'm all still working too (thought it might help with the motivation if we know we're not alone). Stopping at 9 for Big Fat Quiz of the Year and perhaps a G&T or two.

Hope you're all having a suitable amount of fun alongside the work!!

A

A

Yes, be damned! Was working on thesis up 12 noon on 24th and started again at 9am this morning. Just had a break to enjoy the calming experience of antiques roadshow.... (!) and back to it.

Really want this chapter off my desk prior to big meal with friends tomorrow night.

Dig deep everyone, it *will* be worth it in the long run (I think).

x

:-)

M

I'm working now! I shouldn't have took Xmas week off, but I did. Very naughty as I have to write 10k by this time next week....arrrhhh.

B

I've been working on/off over Christmas - having agreed a looming full draft deadline with my supervisor just over a week ago I'm feeling the tension! Fortunately most chapters are written, though they need to be rewritten. The final conclusions chapter isn't done though and that's the toughest one to get right. Mulling over it.

J

Hehe lovely to see people are working! I am doiung fieldwork so *always* on duty! managed a day off for xmas and boxing day, then had a mini crisis on the 27th about all the time I had wasted! Am in a non christian and hot country so the fact it is dec is startling enough, let alone xmas!!!

Working working working...

Good luck and happy new year all!
xxx