who thinks that their department is...

C

...an academic parallel to 'The Devil Wears Prada's' 'Runway' magazine....the coffee, long hours, rivalry....

I just wish I had the clothes too!

*image of myself stutting down the 70s asbsestos clad hallway wearing Karl Lagerfeld, clasping my latest lit review draft in a leather bound LV file...sigh....*

S

i wish it was.. free handbags and shoes would make this sooo much easier. free prada would make staring at cells all day so much more worthwhile. tacking 100x of papers whilst surrounded by jimmy choos.. ahhh

C

And people would cite designers as freely as published names in papers....

T

My office needs a serious make over.. some funky lighting, snazzy art work etc.. ah well a boy can dream.

Why is it that scientists as a rule have no dress sense!

C

One of my supervisors is a very snappy dresser. But yes, as a rule academia is devoid of a fashion sense! If I see another formless sweater, I will scream*!

*formless sweaters are great for wearing at home or whilst gardening, but should not constitute part of an outfit.

V

*formless sweaters are great for wearing at home or whilst gardening, but should not constitute part of an outfit.

....unless they are made by Calvin Klein

C

Formless CK sweaters,modelled and loved by Kate Moss as mid 90s grunge-chic are SO over.

V

H

Am I alone in thinking designer clothes/accessories are a rip-off?

I will happily shop at high-street stores such as Next.

I'd rather have the money to put toward my mortgage or savings.

T

I agree H.. I just shop at high street stores.. You don't need to break the bank to look good

C

I agree too....they're only designers. I'll make do with H & M until I'm rich....my PhD in history/museology will make me rich!

D

I definately have a boss like Miranda!

C

Oh! I'm so jealous, well - partly. Do tell...

S

i agree designers are a rip off.. but shiny expensive shoes feel so much better than cheaper ones.. maybe im sad!

C

And a good scarf too...a nice quality one that'll last a few winters. Mine has seen three already - but could probably do with a wash. But then I don't want the wool to pill...
Ohh the dillema!