WHY IN MY OFFER LETTER SAY 4 YEAR PHD?

B

Quote From Goodboy:

PG Teaching Assistants get an average £13/hr for lab and £16 for Tutorials.

Are these figures valid across multiple universities or just the one you attended?

G

Hello Bilbo! I hope you are in perfect form and enjoying the Weather.
Yes, If you look on the net the Academic pays are very much standardized(in UK) these days. Even at PGF n related websites you can see evidence of that.

B

Quote From Goodboy:

Hello Bilbo! I hope you are in perfect form and enjoying the Weather.
Yes, If you look on the net the Academic pays are very much standardized(in UK) these days. Even at PGF n related websites you can see evidence of that.

That's good progress to hear. Excellent. I remember when I was a PhD student the first time around there was quite a lot of variation. But that was a while ago ;-)

B

Many thanx for your response.

33-lecture
28-seminar
13 essay/answer marking

R deez the pay for lecturers and proffessors who already done PhD?
n
not for teaching assistants pursuing research?

P

Bs3Ds

You are asking questions for which there are specific answers for specific universities. A simple and far more useful solution is to now not ask these questions here, but write them down in a succinct email and send it to the departmental manager or similar.

A potential list of questions:

1. How many years of this PhD are full fee paying years?
2. What is the continuation fees at this university, beyond the third year?
3. What funding is available for overseas students at the university level and/or the departmental level?
4. Are there teaching and research assistantship jobs available within this department or within this unviersity?
5. Is there a place which lists the pay scales for these?

Nobody can give you answers which are specific to your university so really, the best is to ask those with whom you will spend the next few years.

B

Dear All,(especially PhD bug)

Thanks for your valuable suggestions....

Hope I succeed in my funding and surely vil be back if any info needed...........!!!