why is it so hard to get any work done??

M

am starting to think maybe I have Attention Deficit Disorder?? (posting this is a prime example). Please tell me I am not the only one?

M

I swear I only manage about two minutes work before I get distracted by something shiny going past my window or that surely it must be time for another tea break?
or indeed thinking of something I want to add to my post!!?? see its happening without me even noticing!!! oh dear god

M

no, working in my office today. There isnt anyone else in anyway to observe my starring glassy eyed out of the window, day dreaming about why fish fingers are called fish fingers when a) they don't look like fish or b) fingers........bizarre.
working at home is worse though. TV is evil

M

I was doing the exact same thing about a year ago. Rightmove.co.uk is a big distraction I found. Wait until you find somewhere you want and get the offer accepted! then the fun really starts! ha ha

H

I am in totally the same position. My desk is infront of a big window and I seem to get distracted by the goings-on in the street. I also find "quickly" checking my emails is usually not so "quick" - and yep, browsing for houses on rightmove. What a fab site. Bought a flat two years ago and would love to move to house with a garden...so can work outside in the summer. Not sure what can be done about these distractions. Other than working in the library - Lot of friends swear by the British Library (get loads of work done) and all the other people there studying seems to motivate them. Cups of tea...another distraction! Also posting messages and phoning people to tell them how distracted you are is another!

M

Its a relief to know there are others like me!