Why is the admin staff so slow/bored/uninterested?

E

Sorry, but I have to let it out!!
I want to apply for a scholarship at my country, and among other things I need a document verifying that I am a PhD student at my X university and I will now be at my second year.
Is it so difficult?
I have asked admin staff to send me one. I have emailed them 3 times (the last one yesterday morning) indicating that it is urgent, as the deadline for application is on June the 16th, and still no response.
What else can I do? If I don't get this letter, I won't be able to apply for the scholarship and as a result I will end up losing 13000 euros! I think it is unfair as I am certain that I will get it, since it depends on the people that apply in every geographical area, and where I live, I am the only one applying.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:-s:-s

B

If you don't get a quick reply I'd recommend phoning them up about it. Or going to see them in person. Phoning might be easier though. Good luck!

C

Annoying I know, but given that so much is up for stake, I would just go in to uni and see admin in person, they would probably print it out as you wait. It is too easy for ignore an email. Good luck.

P

Can you go and see the admin people in person? Alternatively, can your supervisor/head of department write a letter and then admin just need to stamp it?

Know what you mean though (about some admin staff...)

E

Going there in person was the best thing, but it can't be done, as I am in my country doing my research. So, I guess I will have to phone them or email my supervisor, who is very helpful and understanding and maybe she can prepare the letter for them.:-s

E

Well, my supervisor sent me the document.
Although I called the admin staff, there was no answer!!!! I nearly lost the scholarship, because someone is not doing his job...
I think it is sad, at least!!!!