Will it ever end?

F

My sup keeps pushing my date of submission back. I gave her a full draft about three weeks ago, she still hasn't looked at it. She just told me that she will be taking 4 weeks off over Christmas/new years, and so I will not be able to submit until at least the end of Jan. My scholarship runs out at the end of the year, so I will, it seems be living on air and paying the mortgage with monopoly money. It is all making me a bit tired at the moment.:-(
I thought that I could see the light at the end, but it seems to just go on and on.

D

I can empathise with you about it never seeming to end! My draft is done, but when each chapter was written it was sent to the supervisors for comments so they were given little and often. Now there is the editing, formatting, insertion of figures appendices etc which looks as though it will take forever although others on this forum have suggested it goes quite quickly! I think that assuming your supervisor has not seen this draft as it was written then it will take them some time to read through properly to be constructive. Obviously the christmas period is going to impact on that time as naturally they will want to join their families etc. I know it is disappointing not to be submitting and the delays are naturally annoying. Take this as a good thing that you will be submitting a well reveiwed thesis as this will make the viva that much easier with less issues to defend. Financially it will be a strain and I think that this is a seperate issue. There is no reason why you cannot work some hours while finishing the thesis, there will be many a student who has had to do this. Assuming your supervisor sticks to her obligations you haven't long to go.