Working 5-9

ah, its even worse as this isn't PhD work :-(

D

Oh Sneaks that is even more depressing, not more work from your sup surely?  Are you getting any PhD time at the moment?

I have finished reading through ch 1 and 2 with a few changes but nothing major.  Will stop now as hubby phoned me (he is away working) and unfortunately has interrupted my focus. So off to bed and back to reading tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Hope you guys are not working too late!

N

I finished reading and summarizing the chapter and installed my new printer so quite a productive evening I suppose. Bed now, spending all day at uni tomorrow which is much nicer than working in the evening!

Good luck with your workload Sneaks, hope you're finished for the evening now.

finished! just in time for midnight...need....sleep....eyes bleeding (well feel like it!)

I need to do more RA work tomorrow and try and squeeze in some PhD stuff.

A

Gosh Sneaks you must be one of the hardest worked RAs in the country. Your supervisor sounds like she pushes you really/too hard. Is the work connected so that at least you can get something out of it, apart from the money of course?!?

E

Good luck Sneaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can understand how you fell, as I have to work in the evenings, too.
During the mornings I am working in a "real" job, because I have to eat, drink, pay rent, pay car installments, pay fees at the uni....That leaves me with afternoons and evenings for PhD work............
I wish I could do it FT and treat it as a job (without the "real" job) :p

I should get 2-3 great, groundbreaking publications from it, but with the lack of jobs out there, I'm starting to feel I won't be going into academia anyway, so is probably a complete waste of time!

oh dear, its nearly 7 and I still haven't started the PhD work :-(

Not even sure what I should be doing tonight on it and my eyes feel so strained :-(

Anyhoo I'll dig out a goal and update.

D

Evening Sneaks, I have proof-reading to do this evening as I am only on ch3 of 7! It does take some time checking it all through so I guess my sups are justified in taking time to read it aswell. So plan is to make spaghetti bologneise then sit down with dinner and my final draft thesis.

well I've eaten. I feel SO tired. I also have a friend popping by on saturday and the house is a complete tip - I really need to clean 3 bathrooms and the kitchen and go round with a black bin liner putting all the discarded paper in it, but must put in at least an hour on the PhD before then.

Goal 1: summarise section.

how do you keep your eyes from getting tired??? I have the right prescription for my glasses, have the text zoomed up, but they're getting sore again :-(

Done goal 1. I need to really get on and do the housework.

A

Sounds like your eyes (body) are telling you that you've done enough?

One thing to try if you are reading a hardcopy is put a sheet of coloured plastic over what you're reading. The white paper can be harsh especially when you're reading under lights. Or, if you're reading a pdf on screen, highlight what you're looking as it goes that lovely shade of blue, again easier on the eyes.

OR - go home and go to bed :-)

Nite nite

D

I think tired sore eyes need to go to sleep!!  It always amazes me that however tired we are the knowledge that there is lots to do still spurs us on to do more ;-)

My ch reading is slow going but I have just spotted a consistency mistake so must be still awake!

right I've cleaned 2 bathrooms and run around with a bin liner picking up credit card bills which have been discarded all over the floor :$ (have shredded the important bits). Also put away 3 loads of washing and have another 2 on the go (one in dryer, one in washing machine).

Going to take some (boring PhD) reading to bed with a hot chocolate

E

======= Date Modified 18 Feb 2011 05:32:02 =======
Yes i am also believe in this Article totally ,if u do a job white collar ,so it have a fixed time 9 to 5.
This post is from::
http://www.english-lc.com/