Working and studying while writing up

P

Has anyone been studying for other qualifications while doing their PhD. I'm writing up and hope to submit by the end of this year and I am also working part-time (two days a week) in visitor services which is not too taxing and I can switch off when i get home.
I'm planning my career ready for next year when I hope to be able to look for a full time job in the heritage industry. The competition is immense and although I have experience I don't have a heritage qualification. I'm looking at doing a Heritage Management certificate or diploma as well so that I have an industry qualification.
I don't want to over commit myself but I am also aware that this is the last year that fees will be manageable and I won't be able to afford it next year. Any advice?

======= Date Modified 08 Aug 2011 14:04:32 =======
I'm doing an industry qualification, but its mainly just writing up my exisiting experience in a stupid way to please the examiners of the qualification.

I've also been working 3 days a week as an RA for the last year whilst writing up. BUT I have the same sup for the RA as my PhD, so she actually got me working 5 days a week on the RA job and then moaning that I hadn't done PhD work at the same time -which was confusing!

I'd say it is doable, but I wish I'd focused more on my PhD - maybe made myself set a certain time aside each week with no email access or interruptions