Write your dissertation in 15 minutes per day !

C

Hiya guys

How's the progress so far ?
Just finished redrafting one of my chapters...the word count is 15K words. I really dragged myself doing this chapter. I went way over the deadline. Nevertheless, am going to e-mail it to my sup on Monday.
I have other 3 chapters to redraft. I hope to spend one month on each chapter (let's see if I can stick to the deadline)...
Very hot here in Glasgow, wish it would rain a bit !

C

How is everyone ?

My progress after almost 3 months (really slow, I know).

I managed to redraft another chapter, so the total of chapters redrafted is 2. I've got two more chapters to redraft. My sv advised me to start doing the bibliography so I spent one hour this morning doing that...it is really a drag.
I've got to work on one chapter this month and another chapter next month. I have a tendency to go over my deadlines so...ummm, I'll just try my best to do as much as I can.

N

My sv advised me to start doing the bibliography so I spent one hour this morning doing that...it is really a drag.

Do people not compile a bibliography as they go along? It's easy to do and spares you pain in the long run.

C

Hi Nick1

I know, it's a real pain ! Thank goodness I already did part of it earlier this year. I just need to complete with all the books and journal articles I have consulted...

C

Hi everyone

Well I've got three proper chapters now. I need to re-draft two more chapters in the coming 4 months, and do my references as well.
My original plan of re-drafting one chapter per months has not been that successful due to an illness that I suffered in October. However, I managed to get some leave of absence and now feel a lot better.
It is so difficult trying to juggle so many things at once - in my case, family and studies for me. Well anyway, I managed to get two eyetests booked for my boys, and their dental appointments also next week. It's going to be so hectic now that the holidays are coming soon. I can anticipate a lot of remote hogging between me & the kids during the hols...grr !

I

charliebrown!

yeah?. it is difficult to imagine how you keep up your balance between your kids, husband and phd supervisor. must be tough.

C

Happy new year 2014 everyone !

I managed to work during the Christmas break and finished redrafting one chapter. I have one more chapter left to redraft. Hopefully I will get to work on my references after that.

Incognito Junior, I try to work around my kids' schedule, and it is not easy. I would be very lucky to get 2 hours of work done every day. I just have to hold on for the next few months though...

C

Hi everyone

Well there's my final chapter finished, a piece of work of about 16K words. I am so tired. I have a cold and need to rest.
My next plan is to make corrections to the other 3 chapters. I think I need the whole of February to do that.
Mode: Numb.