R

Sneaks, Chris, Lara,

thanks for your useful remarks.

J

======= Date Modified 01 Dec 2009 09:56:04 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Quote From cleverclogs:

Peewee, I have joined The Procrastinators under another ID. Hoo ha ha 8-)

Good for you wee man. Now, I'm sure someone will back me up here: cleverclogs you know not much about which you speak. Do you think there's a one-size-fits-all academic writing style? That it doesn't involve creative writing in some circumstances? I can't even be arsed explaining it to you to be honest. What you've just said is so irritatingly stupid and annoying, I now know what it must feel like to contract syphilis. So clever(clogs) and yet so adolescent and so, well, stupid. Isn't there a post-doc forum somewhere on the internet you can go and flex your intellectual might? Cleversod, I'm never usually stuck for words, but there's only really one I have for you: c**k.

This really made me laugh.

Well said Walminski!! 8-)

M

Hi the only thing that works for me is to step away from it entirely, put it down and try not to think about it for a while. Personally, I'd say leave it for 5-6 days and I know this might be a bit of a cliche and not very practical at all, but if you keep a notepad on you, you can scribble ideas down as and when (and if!) they come. Then look at it more objectively and from a new perspective. Good luck,M,x.
Ps. I get writers block all the time with both academic writing, and fiction writing.

R

Thanks Maria,

think you are right and that what I am doing at the moment: not writing anything. I just write down a few ideas on a piece of paper, now and again. Then hope that the inspiration will come again this weekend.