writing conclusions: any tips?

D

Quote From skig:
How do your sups want you to finish the thesis? Would your final discussion do?
I think a short conclusion would be best as I think it's becoming long winded and runs the risk of going round in circles and an examiner will not be impressed reading the same thing just phrased in different words. My supervisors are not big on suggestions or guidance no matter how often I prompt them. The very vague feedback they gave me has only made me more confused.

You've been great though and thanks for the support (up)

S

I know what you mean, it's difficult to review without repeating yourself but I reckon examiners will appreciate that.

No worries! I've not done much really, you'd done it already! :-) Plus, it helps me too as it's nice to know what others are doing, etc. To be honest, it's nice to know your discussion is fairly long, so is mine;-)

When are you submitting Delta?

A

======= Date Modified 06 Oct 2011 15:43:32 =======
@Eska, you wrote something really good on chapter conclusions very recently - I wrote a note to myself to read it again but now can't find it:$. I'm pretty certain it came up in another thread but try as I might, I can't locate it. It's not the overall conclusion I'm mean, but rather individual chapter conclusions which I am offically rubbish at :-( any chance you remember what you said??

btw: does anybody else get 'stack overflow' message when they reply to a thread, or is that just me? What does it mean?

S

@Ady, not 'stack overflow' messages for me (just tested it!!), maybe contact admins?