Writing Thesis - discovery process

A

I am currently doing an experiment and have taken a number of results. It has occured to me that while my results are good, and prove my point, I can come up with even better results by modifying the experiment slightly.

My question is, in my write up for the thesis, do I illustrate the whole process, saying that I did 'A', it was good, but then 'B' is even better (and here are the results from B). Strictly speaking, in a perfect world I would have done 'B' first, so in my thesis do I ignore A and just show B? Or does the reader want to know the whole process?

Hope you can help!

L

Well .. it is much better if you combine the results for A and B
in one graph which in this case will proof your point . However, this will provoke the reader to ask more question about the reasons this improvements in results obtained in B case i.e. more writing in the discussion section. Meanwhile it is also possible you just mention B results but you have to say why did you get good results with B (i.e. changing in variables X and Y have improved the results). It is actually all relies on the reader ... is he looking for results (only wants the B results) or looking at the method used (protocol followed) (looking for A and B results). The bottom line present both . I hope this will help ... good luck