Writing thesis in first year?

P

======= Date Modified 16 Sep 2011 16:44:30 =======

Quote From Caterpillar27:

I thought it seemed an odd thing to put on your CV too, but my sups assurred me it would be good to add to it and they advised me to be "Chief Investgator" for the application too.

I haven't added it to my CV though - It does seem a bit odd - but maybe it could beneficial for some positions?

:-)

It may be, but how do you put that on your CV? When you figure it out let me know :-)

P

I'm running a short interview based study (as I only need a small part of it approved by REC) and I was wondering how long the research protocol should be? I have already written a very detailed research protocol (around 8,000 words) but obviously this wouldn't be suitable for the application. How long are your research protocols?

S

Caterpillar - how was the meeting with the Social Care REC? That was the REC I was going to apply to. PhDViva - re protocol - a friend of mine showed me her protocol for the REC and it was about 9 pages (3500 words). She said not to put in something too lengthy as it would annoy them having to wade through big documents.

PhDviva - Hi, my protocol is 6,500 words - I'm not sure what the REC thought of it.

Socpol - The meeting was about 20 minutes long. There were about 8 committee members present and they were very friendly. They asked me lots of questions about the study as a whole and then about specific issues, such as the Mental Capacity Act and how I would assess capacity, data storage, consultee issues and more. They appeared to want to satisfy themselves that I had thought through the issues and that I was capable of ethical conduct.

I am yet to hear from them, so fingers crossed  ;-) I did find them to be human though!!!