yay! I got a full fees studentship!

C

After literally registering today as a part-time student, paying my fees and collecting my swipe card, I came home and tripped over a letter from the university: I have my full time fees paid for! In exchange for some teaching duties! Score! I'm so happy I feel faint and want to cry!

I will have to work still to pay for food and rent...but this is so cool because it cust my PhD from 6 years to 3 years! Plus, I will now qualify for a desk space!

Just thought I would share that since I have posted many messages about waiting for funding news!

D

Congratulations.

M

I am so happy for you! Well done! Now it's only a matter of surviving it:)

C

Thanks. I get the impression that I will probably need to check in at The Priory in three years time!

P

Congratulations. I know you have been crossing your fingers & toes for the funding to come thrugh, so well done. All the best with the project.

N

Wow, congratulations!

C

I'm so thrilled. And will be dashing around today to sort things out.

Thanks for the congrats! I feel faint with excitement!

N

I know exactly how you feel Chris, I was in the same situation as you and had 2 months of agony until the department confirmed me that they would be offering me a full fees scholarship! Congrats again

C

Nimrod: It is hell waiting for the confirmation! I think I'm going to savour this excitement and put it in a jar so that six months from now when I am totally snowed under I can open the jar, take a whiff and reinvigorate myself!

I was so prepared to be part-time and even registered as such. Now I'm full time. It will be hard work what with part-time work, but the fact that I no longer pay tax as a ft will be cool and help, as will changing the bank account back to a student account. This is all totally insane. Cpngrats on your studentship also! I was lucky number thirteen: the last on the list to recieve a studentship. No joke. The administrator told me!

So, MistaG: I suppose all new starters start on a high and then dip as the pressure of the work kicks in. I suppose that is natural. I don't think my supervisor would exploit me at all, but I take your point about needing to write as much as possible. Thanks! I'll get the quill and ink out...

H

Congratulations - this is brilliant news. A great start to the PhD.

S

Congrats! you never knew what the postman was going to bring did ya? Just keep this moment in your memory so that when things look so dark and gloomy may be you can remain optimistic and hope for the best