Yeeeeaaaa I passed my viva! - so how did it go?

D

Congratulations, Doctor!

S

Good luck, I wish you all the best...

J

Well done!
Keep us posted on settling in in the US and your new life over there.

A

Hey, WELL DONE!!! you more than deserve it!

Thanks for giving us a run down of your viva

Good luck in the states!
Keep in touch
Ang

S

Its taken me from 5 am till now (9.5hrs non-stop) but my corrections are done! Woop Woop!

Just to say thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement and I'll kepp Y'all updated from time to time

Cheers

S

L

well done Dr. S!! that's fantastic!! thanks for posting up the description of your viva

have fun in america!!! you must be on cloud 9 at the moment so proud of you1!

A

Congrats! I can't imagine how great that must feel- what a weight off your shoulders now. Sounds like an almost perfect viva, well done. Good luck with everything in the States, have a wonderful time.
A

A

You're doing your corrections on the next day? Aren't your hungover?

M

Sorry for digressing here, but while we're on the subject may I ask...when making minor corrections, do we literally just ink in the corrections and then submit the thesis, or is it necessary to have a newly bound copy made?

J

I would just like to add.....WELL DONE!!!! Thanks for all the info too, it is good to know what sort of thing they ask. Hope you will still look kindly on the rext of us, and chip in occasionally. oh, and a quick WooHooo

D

@missspacey

I am not sure how it works in other Unis/countries but here you would have to make the corrections and get a new copy bound with the corrections properly in place.

B

Congratulations! And thanks for the insight into the viva process.

S

Thanks again guys - always great to hear from everyone

Aloha - I was probably still pissed up until about 9ish - but who cares they are done

Misspacey - so in actual fact I have a meeting with the internal tomorrow to go over the corrections - I highlighted them on the page and used page markers in the pre-viva submission copy and then I printed a black and white copy double sided, of the new version which I'll get bound for tomorrow - hopefully if he agrees them all (it was mostly gramatical probably about 150 I reckon)then I'll be in final print and submission by Tuesday next week.

But I assume if you go through a much more formal system that yes you would submit both your corrections sheet and a new copy (bound) before being able to go to final print.

I'm happy its happening so fast

S

I will say this is very very a-typical! it was just lucky I had a good internal who had a free afternoon tomorrow - and I suppose they appreciate someone who gets it done maybe??

Anyway good luck folks

S

H

well done!