Your thoughts needed urgently .....

T

I am having my viva early next month and I am sooooooo anxious. I am going to be examined by a top expert in my field. Has any of you ever being in this situation? How did you comport yourself when preparing for the viva, handling the weaknesses of your work, and being examined by a top expert in your field. Thanks.

they might be top expert in your field, but you are the top expert of your thesis. Nobody knows it as well as you do.

Also, if this helps, I once interviewed a "top expert" in my field, but he wasn't very good without his computer; in the end he had to reply to some of my questions after he returned to his office.

Good luck and congratulations for coming this far (up)

T

Thank you very much 404 for the encouragement. I have had all sorts of weird images running through my mind. Guess all I need is to be more confident. Thanks very much.

T

Thank you very much 404 for the encouragement. I have had all sorts of weird images running through my mind. Guess all I need is to be more confident. Thanks very much.

D

======= Date Modified 03 May 2010 15:40:06 =======
Just answer his/her questions... It shouldn't be too hard as it's your thesis and you will know more about it than him/her.
I had 10 people in the room with me when I had my Viva, how many are you expecting to be there?

T

@Dr_man_boobs: Just three people; two examiners - one internal and one external, and my supervisor. And of course, me.