Any Projects topics in Economics??

N

Hi Forum
I am very much new to this forum and will like to ask if anyone has got any idea of a possible project topic in macro or development economics? I am looking to make a PhD application and have contacted a possible supervisor who has asked me to write a proposal. Even though I am interested in areas in economics (maybe macro or development economics), I have no particular topic in mind and was wondering if anyone could offer a suggestion/advice. I am also open to other areas in economics such as Econometrics. I am finding it particularly hard getting around this as I am not currently in the academics haven finished MSc in Financial Economics in 2011 and working since then. It can be very challenging coming up with a topic when you are outside of the university environment as you lack access to useful resources. I will very much appreciate evry bit of advice or ideas.

Many Thanks

Manuel

I

Manuel
Here lies your problem: we cannot give you your PhD topic!!! You have to start reading the literature on whatever field you are keen on (and by the way, just saying macro or development economics is not enough as these are HUGE fields). Once you decide on a field, then go more specific (by region, theory, etc…) and start reading what's been written on this field lately. You don't need to be in a university library- the Internet could be your first place of research. Also, what's the point of contacting supervisors if you don't have a topic???? Time to do some online research/reading I'm afraid before doing anything else.

PhD Economist.

N

PhD Economist
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post, surely this helps. I will need to do some detailed reading first. I have some idea of what I may be interested in and that is more in the field of development economics although I am not sure if that will potentially make a good research. However I will do some detailed reading over the next few weeks and see how things pen out. Then I can come back here for further advice. Many Thanks

Manuel