Confusion in PhD Application!

A

Hi, So I'm applying for PhD at the Erasmus Institute Rotterdam and in the application they ask a motivation statement for the chosen topic and a motivation statement for applying for the PhD. I know what I should write in the statement for the PhD but I'm confused about the topic one. Should I only mention related work regarding my thesis that complements the topic? Will appreciate some feedback. Oh and the deadline is 15th Jan 2014 so earliest plz! Thanks

M

I got told when I was applying for my PhD to think of the project proposal as a job advert and then write a motivational statement as if I was applying for it. So would say the skills and experiences I have that would make me a suitable candidate to complete the PhD proposal.

T

I think you just mention why you are interested in the topic, including any relevant skills and experience. It can just be as simple as a childhood interest in the topic or you attended a seminar on it once, if you've haven't done much work in the area; you just need to sound enthusiastic.