Email Follow-up

J

Hi all,

I was hoping somebody on here could advise on the following as I have had mixed views from those that I know (None of which have done/have plans to do a PhD)

I applied for a PhD in the Biomed field a number of months ago. After not hearing back I assumed I had been unsuccessful - I was correct. However, I later received an email from the supervisor indicating another project that was available. A number of people were invited down to interview - me included - and then the following day I received an email stating:

".... that the panel agreed you are a very strong candidate for this position. However, we need to clarify a few points with the funding body before we can make an appointment and I am therefore asking you to be patient with us for a few more days."

The outcome of this was that the funding body wanted the PhD advertised through the normal channels rather than just being emailed to previous applicants which is fair enough. I re-applied and the deadline (end of March) was a while ago now.

I emailed the supervisor previously to check the status of my application a little while after receiving the above email which is when I was informed of the issues.

I do not want to be pushy/impatient etc.. so I am hesitant about contacting again. I am not sure if I will be invited for an additional interview or if I will just be contact following the interview of any new candidates of interest.

Should I wait longer, if so how long? Or should I show that I am very eager to undertake this opportunity and email for an update (although I've no idea what to say yet)?

Thank you for any and all help.

T

If you haven't heard anything since the end of March, email for an update.