I am thinking of quiting from my current PhD, and apply for a new one

D

Hi, I am seeking for your help, thanks for very much if you have any suggestions.

I am currently a PhD student in a university, but I am thinking of doing PhD somewhere else as I don't like my current PhD position. I am not complaining, but I really did rush last year on my Phd application, and thus only be successful in a position, which ,I think, should have been much better according to my academic ability. I think I am better than most of my colleagues who has full funding, in terms of paper work, and comments from researches in my groups. But I have no funding at all, and that's the major reason I want to leave.

I tried to contact several researches in my field, to show them my ability by emailing what I am doing, and my paper work, attached CV, master transcript, but most of them did not reply. I don't know what's going on. When I applied one-year ago, I receive many replies asking me to apply. I think the reason is that they might be reluctant to accept a transfered PhD student. So, could you please give me some hint as how to deal with situations. Thanks very much.