No deadline - how long is acceptable to wait before responding to offer?

M

Hi

The situation - This morning I received a PhD studentship offer which I intended to accept. This afternoon I received an invitation to an interview for a different studentship at a different uni (which I didn't think I'd get because it's been quite a while since I applied). Long story short I'm not 100% sure which I'd take if I were to be offered both (might make another thread about pros/cons of them later) so was thinking I'd wait a little while to see whether I actually get an offer for the second, before accepting to the first...

But would it look bad if I took such a long time to respond (given that the other interview is scheduled 12 days from now and of course I wouldn't get their decision on the day)

I'm not sure if I'm getting a bit over-stressed about this at the moment but if anyone can share their thoughts on this I'd really appreciate.

:)

T

Did they give you any indication of an acceptance deadline in the interview or letter? You can always accept and then decline later if required.