No response after PhD interview

F

what do you mean?

maybe my English is bad to let you understand. Let me try to explain again: after their email, next day, they called my 2 supervisors. However, both of them were not there at that time. I wished they were there, so now i may get the results. No matter what acceptance or rejection, i really want to know the decisions. That is a reason why i mention "i got no luck when they did not come at that day". Btw, should i ask them again this week?
fR

If they want references from these two fellas I'm sure they will be capable of contacting them again! Not the end of the road!

T

yeah, you need to find out from your supervisors whether they have given them references yet. I wouldn't contact the interviewers just yet.

L

Still haven't heard absolutely anything about my application. Its been nearly 2 months since my interview.
I've emailed the main supervisor 2 times, and the head of department 2 times also. Neither has replied. Nor have I received a rejection.
Also, my referees haven't mentioned that they were contacted.
Guess its time to move on.

F

Quote From TreeofLife:
yeah, you need to find out from your supervisors whether they have given them references yet. I wouldn't contact the interviewers just yet.

hi,
as far as i know, they have not called back to my supervisors yet. It seems that they are too busy, and the position is not in hurry at this moment, or i was rejected :)
fR

T

I think if they have called for a reference once, they should do so again, or else what would be the point?

H

Quote From lude:
Still haven't heard absolutely anything about my application. Its been nearly 2 months since my interview.
I've emailed the main supervisor 2 times, and the head of department 2 times also. Neither has replied. Nor have I received a rejection.
Also, my referees haven't mentioned that they were contacted.
Guess its time to move on.

Probably, yes. :(

The only other course of action I would suggest is contacting the departmental administrator or the PA to the main supervisor/HoD if one exists.

That said, if they are so rubbish at communication when trying to recruit someone, I would say it doesn't bode well for how accessible the supervisor will be should you take up the position.

L

Aha...finally received my rejection email today after contacting HR. Coincidentally, this week marked two years since my M.Sc viva.
Wonder what happened to the other posters on this thread who didnt hear anything.

P

After an interview and not having feedback for 2 weeks, I would call (not email) to check on the status of your application. If you are unable to get clear answers, while on the phone you should agree when is best to call back and then do call at that agreed time. For me, a call communicates all sorts of positive things and it still allows you to provide further information to support your application if things have changed in the meantime.