Virginia Tech vs Worchester Polytechnic (WPI)

A

I am torn between my admission for PhD with full funding in computer science/engineering to:

1. Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept, Virginia tech, Blacksburg, Virginia,
versus
2 Computer Science Dept, Worchester Polytechnic (WPI), Worchester, Massachusetts
(my significant other works in boston suburbs)

I have been thinking on this for a week, and I finally came to this forum coz I am torn inside.
Help me measure out the pro and cons.
Help me choose the right place. Whats your opinion hive-brain?

R

Hi abjaanpb, I'm afraid it's really hard to advise someone who is torn between 2 places. Can you visit both to get a feel for the place?

To add to Reenie's comments, you need to visit both and have a good look round. Meet you potential colleagues, advisors / supervisors and the facilities relevant to your potential courses of study.

Once you have a feel for these things, you'll know which to opt for.

As your other half works in Boston, this will probably influence your decision as Virginia means having to relocate or live apart. If you prefer Virginia Tech., you and your significant other will have some serious talking to do as asking them to move with you may be asking quite alot of them. Could you manage a long distance relationship?

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)