After Interview - Should I ask for a final decision?

C

Hello;

I am new here.:)

I have been applied for PhD positions and I was interviewed for one of them in December. During the interview they informed that they would have a final decision and write me back in January. Anyway they haven't sent an answer yet. I wonder if I should write them and ask for their decision? Or It would be a bad thing? I was thinking that it could take much more time because of holiday season, but now I am thinking that I won't be offered for the position and they aren't interested in me. Also there is no sound -bad or good- from the other groups I applied for. I don't know if I am being so pessimistic but It seems like they forget me and they don't care about my application.

S

If they said you would hear back in January then I would definitely wait a bit longer, it is only the 10th of Jan now! Most universities only started back this week, so they probably haven't even got round to thinking about making a decision yet. I know it's difficult when you're anxiously waiting to find out, but I wouldn't contact them until Feb.

C

Quote From Smoobles:
If they said you would hear back in January then I would definitely wait a bit longer, it is only the 10th of Jan now! Most universities only started back this week, so they probably haven't even got round to thinking about making a decision yet. I know it's difficult when you're anxiously waiting to find out, but I wouldn't contact them until Feb.

Thank you for advice. Unfortunately they wrote back a few days ago and as I thought and felt it was negative. Now I need to start over again.