Would anyone review my cover letter, CV, etc?

L

Hi guys,
Its been 2.5 years now that I've been applying for PhD positions, and still not a single bit of luck. I haven't even managed to land 2.5 interviews! I've written and re-written research proposals, cover letters, and CV's a hundred times - each time looking into alllll the advice I can find online. Nothing seems to be working. It seems it works for other people, but nothing works for me.

I'm really desperate now, so I want to ask whether anyone out there would do me a reaaaaally huge favor, and please go a few of the things that I send in my applications, and please tell me what exactly the heck I am doing wrong. It will be somewhat long and somewhat specialized, but I really don't know what to do. Absolutely any comments would be helpful (even that its too long!).

Please PM me if anyone is up to it. I am an electronics engineer, so most of it would be regarding that subject, but really any ideas would be useful.

I

I'm a Teaching Fellow/PhD student in Computer Science and have been through recruitment training here. I'd be happy to take a quick look for you.

L

Thanks IntoTheSpiral. Will get to you about how to send the files to you.

If anyone else would also be willing, I'd be really grateful. Would be useful to have more feedback and perspectives.