eligibility for ph.d. with scholarship

S

hallo...i am a hons. graduate with physics(52%),an m.sc in biomedical instrumentation(78%) and now in he final year of m-tech in applied optics and photonics(already have 78% on an avg.) with a GATE score,all from CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY,INDIA.....also my Xth and XIIth marks were above 90%........i want 2 b a part of phd program abroad from a well-known university and of course with a total scholarship....am i eligible?since am not a b-tech in optical field,neither i have a universal MS degree..plzzz help me out,i worked hard for this and can promise 2 work harder too, but now dont know if even i can fulfill my dream or not...

S

hi subhasri welcome to the forum
I don't know how to help you; I think you need to help yourself first before any of us can help you :-)
Firstly, you have done well so far. So don't worry.
Next, you need to have more self-confidence, if you want something, go all out and get it.
If you have a dream, make it come true.
Go and search for physics scholarships; there are a lot, I tell you, just start looking.
Start with websites like www.findaphd.com/ or google your topic, and see what comes up

You will surely find something. Good luck
love satchi

M

Hi there,

The university that I work for recently took on a Masters graduate from Calcutta and one from Nigeria to start PhDs this year so it can be done. You need to find out which universities offer PhDs in your area (see the post below for the link) or do a google search for phds in your topic. Once you've narrowed down your choices it's a good idea to contact those universities and make enquiries about whether your current qualifications are eligible for a scholarship scheme. That's how our two new students got in - by emailing the supervisors or by contacting the School/Dept administrators to check their credentials. Both our students got in with full faculty scholarships so the dream can be yours but it may involve some hard work and determination on the way. Don't give up just keep going! If these two students can do it then so can you!

Good luck!