ESRC Open Competition results

M

Nothing from me either...it looks like it won't be over until Monday...

P

======= Date Modified 06 Aug 2010 11:29:06 =======

Quote From SocDave:

======= Date Modified 06 Aug 2010 11:17:48 =======
Sheffield Hallam - Sociology. I want to study British Muslims attending Faith Schools, in an aim to address the urban myth (or is it?) that they are breeding grounds for extremism. I've been told it ticks a lot of the 'sexy' topic boxes, but that's not enough to convince me!!

That sounds great! Fingers crossed for you and for everyone on here. I think going out sounds like a good idea! I may need to adopt a similar coping strategy ;-)

Quote From mixilgt:

Nothing from me either...it looks like it won't be over until Monday...

It is starting to look that way...

S

Quote From PsychBrainiac:

======= Date Modified 06 Aug 2010 11:29:06 =======
Quote From SocDave:

======= Date Modified 06 Aug 2010 11:17:48 =======
Sheffield Hallam - Sociology. I want to study British Muslims attending Faith Schools, in an aim to address the urban myth (or is it?) that they are breeding grounds for extremism. I've been told it ticks a lot of the 'sexy' topic boxes, but that's not enough to convince me!!

That sounds great! Fingers crossed for you and for everyone on here. I think going out sounds like a good idea! I may need to adopt a similar coping strategy ;-)

Copious intake of alcohol works too! Not for me, but for some!!

P

Quote From SocDave:

Copious intake of alcohol works too! Not for me, but for some!!

Haha, how true! I think keeping busy over the weekend should work OK for Monday to hurry up!

S

Anyone tried logging into their Je-S account to see if that holds any clues? I have and couldn't see anything, but that may mean I didn't get it - or it could mean nothing.

P

Quote From SocDave:

Anyone tried logging into their Je-S account to see if that holds any clues? I have and couldn't see anything, but that may mean I didn't get it - or it could mean nothing.

Nothing has changed on mine since April. It's still in stage 3 - with council. I don't think we can read much from that though...

S

Quote From PsychBrainiac:

Quote From SocDave:

Nothing has changed on mine since April. It's still in stage 3 - with council. I don't think we can read much from that though...

No - thats all mine says. Just means its gone from Uni to ESRC. I am secretly glad that its not just me who can't see anything though - means I can still hope!

A

My Univ. Nominated Contact just told me that yesterday the ESRC had communicated her that they were almost ready and hoped results would have been out today. I guess we'll have to wait until Monday/Tuesday.

S

Quote From alexandros:

My Univ. Nominated Contact just told me that yesterday the ESRC had communicated her that they were almost ready and hoped results would have been out today. I guess we'll have to wait until Monday/Tuesday.

Aaarrrggghhhhh :-s ! Can't cope with all this.

M

It seems like it will definitely be Monday, so try to enjoy the weekend with the thought that on Monday we shall know!

S

======= Date Modified 06 Aug 2010 16:16:04 =======
Just rung ESRC - the woman that answered had the decisions in the in-tray next to her. They are being posted today.

A

Quote From SocDave:

Just rung ESRC - the woman that answered had the decisions in the in-tray next to her. They are being posted today.

Should they still rely on mails in 2010?! Don't they like quick and easy electronic mails?!

P

======= Date Modified 06 Aug 2010 16:34:50 =======

Quote From SocDave:

Thanks for this! So Monday it is then.

Quote From SocDave:

No - thats all mine says. Just means its gone from Uni to ESRC. I am secretly glad that its not just me who can't see anything though - means I can still hope!

Ah OK. We can all still hope! I cannot wait for Monday now ;-)

S

Quote From alexandros:

Quote From SocDave:

Should they still rely on mails in 2010?! Don't they like quick and easy electronic mails?!

See my earlier post - they will not provide info by email or phone either to applicant or uni.

A

To all of you waiting to start your PhD...and waiting for Studentship replies...I would like to wish you all a BIG GOOD LUCK...I know how you are feeling...was feeling that way myself, but heard I got funding (another source) around 3 weeks ago...and even though now only the final formalities remain...I am still on edge...I hope we all start our PhD's come Oct and finish successfully!