ESRC Open Competition results

S

Anyone starting to get nervous yet? Will you sleep tonight? Got any nails left? I'm a 'Yes, No, No' person myself!

A

======= Date Modified 08 Aug 2010 23:28:47 =======

M

well, well....good luck everyone!!!I doubt I can do any work today, other than checking emails!

S

Quote From mixilgt:

well, well....good luck everyone!!!I doubt I can do any work today, other than checking emails!

Yep. Very productive day all round methinks ;-)

Best of luck to anyone and everyone :-)

S

======= Date Modified 09 Aug 2010 10:22:20 =======
Sorry guys - got an email reply to my email from last week (before I phoned and was told they all went out friday)
"Dear David

Thank you for your email. Some letters were sent out Friday and some will be going out today, marked first class.

Kind regards
Julie Dunsby
ESRC PTD Enquiries"

Looks like some will have to wait a bit longer :-s. At least we know they went 1st class!!

M

======= Date Modified 09 Aug 2010 09:36:01 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Argh, f%$k it...I really want this to be over, whatever the outcome. Cruel ESRC people..

S

======= Date Modified 09 Aug 2010 09:36:19 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============

Quote From mixilgt:

Argh, f$%k it...I really want this to be over, whatever the outcome. Cruel ESRC people..

Yours might have gone out friday though (fingers crossed and all that)

P

Quote From SocDave:

Sorry guys - got an email reply to my email from last week (before I was phoned and told they all went out friday)
"Dear David

Thank you for your email. Some letters were sent out Friday and some will be going out today, marked first class.

Kind regards
Julie Dunsby
ESRC PTD Enquiries"

Looks like some will have to wait a bit longer :-s. At least we know they went 1st class!!

Oh great...My Nom Con doesn't work on Tuesdays so will then be Wednesday for me. Fingers crossed we are in the letters sent Friday bunch!

P

I've just heard from my Nom Con that RHUL haven't heard yet and should be within next few days (as we know)...

M

I'm sarting to think maybe no letters were sent out on Friday...

S

Quote From mixilgt:

Was the moon landing faked? ;-)

M

Quote From SocDave:

Quote From mixilgt:

Was the moon landing faked? ;-)

absolutely!:p

P

Quote From mixilgt:

I was thinking the exact same thing...

P

I emailed ESRC trying to see if my institution was sent last Friday or shall be sent today and this is the response I received:

Dear Allan

Unfortunately all letters have been taken to the mail room for today’s posting so unfortunately, I cannot confirm when individual institutions were posted.

Kind regards
Julie
ESRC PTD Enquiries

It seems that we shall all hear tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. I have been receiving emails from my potential supervisor saying that our Nom Con was sent an email late last week saying that results shall be released this week or early next week. It seems that luckily, it shall be within the next couple of days from the responses we have received. Good luck everyone!

S

Damn the administrative ineptitude of the ESRC. They had these since mid-April, nothing happened in May, they were marked in June - why does it take 6 weeks to decide, and then 2 weeks to get result????

Still hope they fund me though..........