Funding Still Available This Yr??

M

Hi there,

im new to this forum...it seems very helpful from what I have been reading :-)

I was wondering is there anywhere that is still accepting applications for phd funding? I have a researcher at a university who says he will apply for a phd studentship for me, but all the deadlines for this yr have passed so I will need to wait until next yr...which I will do, but would like to get the ball rolling and see if anywhere is still accepting applications for funding...

ps its funding for a psychology phd

thanks ,-)

K

Hey! I'm pretty sure you've missed all of the funding deadlines from the major research councils and departmental funding as well for this year- most people need to apply for funding up to a year in advance of when they plan to start. There will probably still be some places for specific PhDs in Psychology being advertised which have yet to be filled, but if you are looking for funding for your own project then you will probably have to be prepared to wait a while. I would use the next few months to swot up on which sources of funding you want to apply to and concentrate on getting a strong application together with a view to starting next year- it's tough in the world of Psychology funding (and funding for most other things at the moment!). If you have a good first degree and preferably an MSc then just put in as many applications as you can (tailored to the source of funding, of course) and keep your fingers crossed- there is funding out there. It's also worth searching online for random one-off scholarships, they pop up now and again and someone has to get them! Good luck! KB

M

Many uni's take on PhD students in January, so some funding may after the Sept/Oct intake. But generally speaking, you'll have the best luck applying for next year's entry.

M

hey,

thanks for the comments. I thought I had probably missed the deadlines for funding this yr but was worth asking about. But just means il have time to make my application strong for when funding starts to appear next yr :-)

thanks