Humanities funding (a long shot)

L

Hi!

I have been making PhD applications, two of which are pending decision, the other two have been successful (which I am thrilled and stunned about). The two successful applications are at Russell Group institutions, and each supervisor respectively, is an excellent match. However, I have not got funding. Neither places were advertised with funding, funding competitions for internal university funding were separate applications, as was the consortium research council funding. I applied for the internal university funding while making the PhD applications however did not have a confirmed PhD place while the funding applications were being assessed. One of the institutions advertised AHRC consortium funding, but I didn't apply for it.

Although I am preparing for worst case scenario, ie having to defer my place and apply to the conventional funding competitions next year (including research council), having exhausted all obvious options ie the Wolfson Foundation, I was wondering if anyone had been successful in obtaining Humanities funding from any other source than university administered, research council or employer funding??

As the title suggests - I am aware this is a bit of a long shot!

Thanks,
Lizzie