Is there any funding for resubmission time?

N

I have had my viva today. It was really positive and the thesis was suggested to be published, but still got resubmission. So in a way I think about this, like a peer review of a book manuscript under process and I could work up to 12 months with that. However, many people, including employers, donors and funding bodies see this as a kind of failure, or at least avoiding to invest into a project like that, which could fail. So I am not sure if it is possible to find any funding for that time period? I know that most of the people re-working their thesis, while working full-time, however that could be difficult, since it requires a substantial amount of work, which is hard to achive in the evenings and the weekends only.

T

Sorry to hear that :(

I'm not aware of any funding for resubmission. There may be someone else on this forum who knows.

There are several charities that will fund in hardship cases, or to support writing up students in their 4th year, so you could try for one of those. If you search online for funding opportunities, you will see there are thousands of them, but often you will only be eligible to apply for 10 or so. Many university websites also have lists of funders.