Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher: Financial Aspect

F

Hello, to date I'm on the way to discuss my degree dissertation for a Master of Science. Also, I'm evaluating a Phd position funded through the Marie Curie Program. The Phd should be based in UK. I know that the financial aspect hasn't to be a prioritary aspect for such this important choice. However, at the end of the day I can't deny that bills and food can't be paid through the passion of the research. Does anyone know how much is the net income for this position in UK?
I read that the gross income provided from the European Commission is very high, but also that national insurance, contributions and taxes must all be paid from the researcher.
Thanks

C

I don't know exactly how much money a Marie Curie PhD student gets, but I'm lead to believe it's far more than UK research council funded students get so you should be pretty well off compared to the rest of us. As a student you don't need to pay income tax or national insurance, you can make voluntary national insurance payments if you wish but it's not necessary.