PhD Funding please help

S

I have been studying in the Uk for the past six years.

I intend to do a Ph.D on the representation of ethnic minorities on French Television at a British Institution.

However, I do not have the means to finance my studies.

I have sent more than a hundred emails to French organisations in order to have their help but nobody is able to help me telling me this subject is extremely taboo in France.

Well, this is nothing like my area. However, the conflict between proper research, and what is considered "politically correct" is interesting, and I'm sure the whole political correctness thing can block good research. Perhaps the key is to approach non-French institutions. I suppose it depends on your hypothesis, and which minority groups you're looking at, but there must be bodies either in this country (could you compare representation between UK and French TV?) or in the EU. However, I can't really help you.

Anyone?

S

Hey Matt,

thanks for your reply. I have emailed many institutions in France and the UK as well as many charities but they all seem not to be able to help me. Some charities in France said that there is nowhere you could do ethnic studies or no institutions allow ethnic statistics. This is why my subject is somehow new and innovative. I don't know what to do really

Well, although I don't know much about it, I can't believe that institutions do not allow ethnic studies. On the other hand, I can understand that an institution might not like you finding out something which wasn't politically correct...

S

Like you say yeh. Where did you do your PhD/