PhD in the UK: funding experiences of EU students in Humanities

C

Hi everybody!
I am an Italian student and would like to start a PhD in the UK in Humanities (applied linguistics and literature): I have already received a conditional offer (and am waiting for two other universities I apply for to answer me), but I need to find the fundings.
Is there any Italian (or, more generally, EU) student who is doing a PhD in Humanities in the UK?
Could you tell me your experiences in getting fundings and scholarships?
I would particularly like to know whether there are (and which are) fundings offered by Italy or by the European Community (I checked the relevant website but it seems to me that the available fundings do not concern the UK), as I am already well-informed about UK fundings.
Thank you for your help!

M

Hi Casti,

Were you able to find any information? I am in the same situation as you were! I am from Belgium. Cheers

M

EU students are only eligible for fees-only studentships from the AHRC. You need to hold an offer from a university funded by the AHRC to be considered. There's usually a box on the application form asking if you want to be considered for funding and you might have to send in a separate form with your application at some universities.

To help with living costs, look out for any university studentships and teaching opportunities available.