PhD students funding

P

Hi!

First of all thanks for such a forum which allows different people to discuss different issues ideas related to PhD.

I have one question. I have been admitted to a PhD in UK, but seems like I have to secure the funding myself. I am a non-EU student. Do you know maybe where are possibilities for obtaining such funding? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Questions:

1) Was the Uni. offering the PhD or is this one proposed by yourself?

2) Are you resident in the UK and how long have you been resident for?

3) If the Uni. was offering the PhD and you have been resident in the UK for long enough, why have the Uni. not looked to one of the UK funding bodies?

If you're not a UK resident or you've proposed the project yourself, you are likely to have to find your own money or funding. You might have some luck getting money from you home country if you can sell the project to them. If USA, you might investigate the possibility of a Federal Government loan, but I'm not sure how that would work.

P

Hi, PhD was offered by a University. and I am not a UK resident. Thanks.

Quote From pseudonym_02:

Then you need to refer to the second part of my answer as regards getting some form of funding from your home country OR (I forgot to suggest) finding a sponsor. You may alternatively have to figure out how to find the money yourself if all else fails.

I'm sincerely sorry I couldn't be of more help. However, many foreign governments do have funding regimes in place and you should go back to your government now and talk to them.

P

Quote From Mackem_Beefy:

Quote From pseudonym_02:

Then you need to refer to the second part of my answer as regards getting some form of funding from your home country OR (I forgot to suggest) finding a sponsor. You may alternatively have to figure out how to find the money yourself if all else fails.

I'm sincerely sorry I couldn't be of more help. However, many foreign governments do have funding regimes in place and you should go back to your government now and talk to them.

Hi, Thanks for your posts anyway :-) (up)