Overview of Morty1966


Avatar placeholder
Tuesday, 22 January 2019 at 9:45pm
Monday, 11 February 2019 at 9:53pm
Login to send a private message to Morty1966
page 1 of 1 recent posts

Thread: Need advice - PhD and/or PGCE - do I stand a chance at teaching without?

09-Feb-19, 19:07
Avatar for Morty1966
posted about 6 months ago
Hi Stephanie

You can’t teach in a U.K. school without qualified teacher status, and I would not advise you try to do a PhD, PGCE and a job at the same time. To be fully qualified you need a one year PGCE or in school training and a year as a newly qualified teacher (NQT). You are not fully qualified until the end of your first year of teaching, two years if part time. In the U.K. there is a separate teaching qualification for HE that may be better if you want to teach at HE level.

I would suggest you get your PHD first then if you still want to teach look st doing a PGCE.
page 1 of 1 recent posts


Copyright ©2018
All rights reserved

Postgraduate Forum

Masters Degrees

PhD Opportunities

PostgraduateForum is a trading name of FindAUniversity Ltd
FindAUniversity Ltd, 77 Sidney St, Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK. Tel +44 (0) 114 268 4940 Fax: +44 (0) 114 268 5766