Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

HELP PLEASE . . . . :(

M

As part of a module on my taught master's degree I have to review a social policy article from the past 10 years. It should not, I hope, prove to be too difficult a task. However, I am struggling to find any reviews of articles to show me how I should structure a review. Could anybody out there point me towards some reviews of articles preferably social science.

Thank you

S

hi! I have a few review papers (mixed); if you like I can send you so you can have a few examples
satchi

C

I'm not a social scientist so I'm not sure what search engines you could use. Some search engines like Pubmed for scientists have a separate tab for reviews or an option in the search box to list only reviews. Alternatively, you could type the word 'review' after your keywords and see what that gets you. Google Scholar is quite good and might help you start somewhere.

I've had a wee browse and maybe a website like www.jstor.org could be useful for you. You would need to login with your university or Athens details but then if you go to 'Search' and then 'Advanced Search' it has a check box for reviews.

Also use your universities library website to access links to journals related to your department.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I hope that helps :-)