Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Incredibly excited to be starting!

O

Just enrolled on my MSc this week. As it's an entirely new course, the staff: student ratio is incredible - 4 of them and 5 of us! They say they plan to take us to conferences, offer individual careers advice and have contacts in the US re: funded PhD programmes there. It feels as though they're going to take us seriously. This is amazing compared to my (two) degree programme(s).
Sorry to sound smug/gushing but WOW!

Hope others are feeling good about their forthcoming Masters programmes... :-x:p

I

Oh, I know. I just completely geeked out over my upcoming first conference. I'm not even presenting. Me? Nerd?

P

Woooooow!!!! thats great!!!! Im soooo happy for u!!!(up)

P

Pari I love the way you use (!!!!!0 exclamation marks liberally!!! all over your posts...they spread joy and smiles! keep it up..

PS: R u doing a PhD in the UK?

O

Actually, I'm considerably less euphoric now than I was :p

Cos now we have our first assignment to do, and I'm bumping against the current limitations of my critical analysis powers. It's like boot camp for the mind. Oh well, that's what I came here for!

Happy research, everyone! :$

V

Quote From Ogriv:

Actually, I'm considerably less euphoric now than I was :p

Cos now we have our first assignment to do, and I'm bumping against the current limitations of my critical analysis powers. It's like boot camp for the mind. Oh well, that's what I came here for!

Happy research, everyone! :$
Ha ha I know what you mean! I was so exicted to begin with and it was the most intense year of my life (if you can call it a life). Oh well it was worth it in the end.

O

Cheers Verypoor

Good to know other humans have experienced this kind of thing! (up)

J

lol. sounds a bit different to my MSc in UK :-) 25 of us in a class....lol

J

lol. sounds a bit different to my MSc in UK :-) 25 of us in a class....lol