Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

what does 2(i) and 2 (ii) means?

P

Maybe a stupid question but i am from holland and never heard of the term 2(ii) and 2(i). I know it is a degree but is this include yor grades for the courses you have followed of does it mean your education you have done, the courses or the bachelor you have done?

S

2.1 is an average of over 60% in undergraduate (bachelors) exams taken over typically three years (although not all exams contribute equally to the average), 2.2 is an average over 50%...and a 'first' is an average over 70%

P

oke,thanks for the answer

V

what is ur grading system like anyway??

@johanstein
i couldn't agree more

O

Validus, it is unlikely that your question will attract a response from the original poster as a period of nearly two years has passed since the enquiry has been created.

V

A 2:1 is also equivalent to 60% and 2:2 is the same as 50% (not just above these percentages). They are both second class but 2:1 is a high second class and 2:2 is a low second class.

P

@validus, the system in holland are marks on a scale from 1 to 10, below 5,5 is insufficient to pass en above 5,5 is sufficient, 8 means good for example and 4 means poor, 9 en 10 are very very good but are hardly given in holland.

J

a pass is 40% and above. a 2:2 is 50% and above and a 2:1 is 60% and above. first class is 70% and above. in my uni (UK) that is ur overall mark. so u could have marks of 40's in some work and have higher marks in others and still get a good classification.
for a masters degree 70% and above is classed as distinction. 60% and above is merit. below that is pass -dont know how much below. i never looked below a merit...which i managed to get for my masters...lol!

J

ps. the first grades are for your bacholors..

J

bachelors.... tut tut..its almost 2am...bad spelling. off to bed now. zzzz....

J

LOL... o.stoll...thanx for pointing it out... gosh! that was 2005 the first posting and here i am august 2008!!! im outta here