Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

A funny story...

W

What an hilarious morning I've just had. My deadbeat brother (age 27), who doesn't work or do very much at all other than watch movies on his 42- inch plasma TV, cut himself washing his glass coin saving jar. It was a tiny gash, not even bloody, but apparently he reckoned he could see bone. So he dialled 999...but it gets worse. The operator on the phone told him to get a bus to casualty. So he said: "I can't. I'm on medication and I can't catch buses". So she sorts him out an ambulance to come to him. Then he says "How am I going to get home. I need transport home as well. Can I have that?" So she reluctantly sorts that out for him. But then it gets even worse. He actually rings his deadbeat friend up and asks him if he'd like to go to hospital with him - like it's some kind of day trip and says to the EMTs, while they're putting a little bandage round his cut, "can my mate come too?".
It's a times like this you realise why the NHS is as overstretched as it is.

D

That's awful. NHS needs more power to say 'no!'

D

that's made me think of a story I heard a while ago (can't remember the source!): This guy lived across the road from the hospital and after a night drinking would ring an ambulance. They of course would pick him up and take him to A&E. The guy would then check himself out and walk home, having saved himself taxi money. The paramedics obviously worked out what was going on and on one call out they took him to another hospital - a good distance from his home. He had to pay for an expensive taxi back and never used the ambulance as a taxi service again

Maybe you should tell your brother that every call out for an ambulance costs the NHS at least £500

That is funny... if incredible.

B

i wanna b like ur brother walms, ha ha, he's got it all figured!! put my phd in the bin!!!