Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Avoidance tactics perfected

E

Let's see, yesterday, in order to avoid my PhD, I: baked a cake, tidied the flat top to bottom, reorganised the kitchen cupboards, cleaned out the fridge, watched nearly a whole series of Friends and spent two hours on youtube. God, it's scary how good I am getting at this. Why the amazing focus when it comes to doing anything else besides my research?!

H

Hmmm, I got Mario Galaxy for my Wii and it's taking up too much of my time.

I also got the Maths Training game for the ds but it's rubbish. I want my money back!

M

I have been trying to stop myself from getting Mario Galaxy for this very reason - I spent far too long on Paper Mario avoiding the inevitable... and err.. watching Neighbours on Youtube

R

You know what else is rubbish for the DS... My Word Coach - and My French Coach too. Word Coach is just boring but I thought I would learn a bit more French with the French Coach - but why doesn't it say the words or get you to say them so that you would learn pronunciation??? The DS has speakers and a mic surely that is what they are for??? Instead there is just really annoying music...

But ChessMaster is brilliant I'm so hooked - I'm playing it for hours every night before bed, then my brain is too active too sleep!!!

M

I am strongly tempted by Scrabble for the DS... has anyone got the eye training one???What's it like??

H

I hope the eye training one isn't as rubbish as the maths one :-S

I have paper mario but I stopped playing it after a few weeks because I didn't have access to the Wii and I can't be bothered anymore.

Ghost Squad is excellent though

S

I have Scrabble for the DS, it's really good you can play against the computer, other people with DS' and there is a career option too. And there are some good mini games. A very good buy!

I was gonna get word coach but not sure now...what other games to people recommend?

M

I might get that scrabble one, it sounds quite good. That 42 games one is also supposed to be good but I haven't played it. I can highly recommend Phoenix Wright games for the DS.. very addictive, and I like to kid myself that it keeps my brain ticking over since you have to solve cases and stuff on it.
Also quite keen on anything Sims related, which is quite bad because at least with the DS you can hide it away so it doesn't distract you - but with the Sims it's always there on the desktop awaiting you!

H

I loved the first sims game for the ds but I completed it VERY quickly! I haven't got round to buying any more yet

S

I love the sims for the PC, but was dissapointed with it on the DS. I have the Sims: Castaway and complteted it really quickly.

Have just ordered Sim City, so that should keep me occupied for a while and am going to pre order Zoo Tycoon 2!

M

I agree, I found Sims for the DS a bit too limiting. I have Sims Life Stories for the PC and also playing Sims Castaway on the PSP but I'm stuck on the mountain and it says I don't have enough strength, even when the meters are all green.. so I have kind of given up on that for a while. I see my Sims as having a better social life than I do (even the ones stranded on a desert island), therefore they allay most of my anxieties of having become a hermit over the past 6 months ;)

R

I tried to play sims once on the playstation and they kept dying - or peeing themselves. I don't get what I was doing wrong or not doing right more to the point???

H

The original for the PC still is great fun. I always get the married women to have lesbian affairs and watch the husbands get peed off when he catches them at it.

How sad am I?

M

Possibly not as sad as using cheats to make them have affairs and hate each other?

S

Bought Theme Park for the DS over the weekend, its very good! Kept me busy all weekend. Have also ordered Sim City as well, but it's not going to arrive for a while! I love my DS...