Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

electricity question help

S

hi everyone
I need some advice on which electricity company to go on direct debit with.
Everytime I hear from their representative, they tell me the same thing, "we are the cheapest, we give best rates, discount etc"

The problem is me, its like I cannot process the information they give me. I'm still not paying direct debit now (to Npower), long story why I chose not to pay direct debit.

which company should I switch to, or stay with Npower but go on direct debit? I also dont know how to see my electricity bill. My flat runs on electricity (also for heating) and I pay something like £142 for winter quarterly, and my last bill was £86 quarterly.

Will be grateful for any advice thanks
satchi

Go to energyhelpline.com or phone them. They can find out the cheapest provider for you in your area and then the cheapest way to pay

S

thanks sneaks! :-)

B

Make a comparison at:

http://www.energywatch.org.uk/

D

======= Date Modified 07 Apr 2010 14:07:51 =======
You need to hook up a dynamo type device to couple of exercise bikes, then hook them up to your mains, then go and recruit some immigrants. If you pay your immigrants a wage of about 1 pound per day each It should workout cheaper.
Furthermore, I also think this maybe a great idea for the unemployed, they could be made to cycle all day so as the energy created could be supplied to the national grid, thus helping with global warming and cutting down on the unemployment rate.

I'm a genius!

I've had the same thoughts about hamster wheels, and also perhaps linking some kind of electricity producing device to my dogs tail that wags constantly, but that currently has no use apart from communicating her feeling of "YAAAAAY!"

S

:-) :-) :-) I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!!
when I posted this I was feeling so miserable (but not because of Npower or bills etc.) just plain miserable (phd woes blady bla...)
now I feel so much better xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm feeling tired and miserable today - all doom and goom!

Any jokes?

oh, and thanks Satchi for the regression questions - it went reasonably smoothly and now my teaching is completely over for the year, unless they decide to invite me back when my funding runs out - which i doubt (even if they do its only about 50p worth of income, but can't be sniffed at!)

S

my friend sent me this:

This is hilarious!!! Remember this the next time you need to return something and they are giving you a hard time!!!!!!!

A woman went to the service counter and told the clerk she wanted a refund for the toaster she bought because it won't work. The clerk told her that he couldn't give her a refund because she bought it on special offer.

Suddenly, the woman threw her arms up in the air and started screaming,

'PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES!!!!!!'

The befuddled clerk ran away to get the store manager in front of a growing crowd of customers.

The manager comes to the woman and asks, 'Ma'am what's wrong?'

She explains the problem with the toaster, and he also tells her that he can't give her a refund because she bought it on special offer.

Once again, the woman throws her arms up in the air and screams,

'PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES,
PINCH MY NIPPLES!!!'

which begins to draw an even bigger crowd!

In shock, the store manager pleads, 'Ma'am, why are you saying that?'

In a huff, the woman says,

'BECAUSE, I LIKE TO HAVE MY NIPPLES PINCHED WHEN I'M BEING SCREWED !!'

The crowd broke into applause and her money was quickly refunded!!

Now stop laughing and send it to your friends.

======= Date Modified 07 Apr 2010 14:18:59 =======
:p good one satchi! Not sure I will use the tip though, I'd be too embarrassed! :$

S

:-) :-) :-) I get so much email with jokes but usually delete them; now cant find any when i want to read one *LOL*
here is one link another friend insisted was funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f4dQNrpUeU

:-)

my hubby has 2 great jokes which are only funny because he has dyslexia. They are both jokes where he has mixed up meanings of things or misremembered the original joke, but it makes them even funnier IMO.

1) I used to be a vampire, but I'm all right noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow (supposed to be "i used to be a werewolf")

2) Q: why was the paedophile ill? A: Because he was feeling a little horse

completely misunderstanding what a paedophile actually is!

S

HAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!

heres one my friend told me:

There was once an Architect from Spain who moved to Italy. But in Italy, he couldn't find a job. Finally after months of looking, he found a job as a circus clown. During one performance, the clown had to be chased by a lion. The band started playing and there he was, the Spanish Architect in his clown costume and red nose.

The lion came roaring out of the cage. The poor clown ran round the ring. The crowd cheered.
Finally the clown stumbled and fell infront of the lion's face.
"Help! Don't eat me!" he screamed.

The lion pulled off his mask, and said, "Dont be afraid. I'm an architect too!"