Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Interested in talking to women who have completed a Master's or a PhD

D

Evening all: I'm wanting to talk to women about their career and personal experiences after they completed a Master's or PhD. I realise there will be a lot of students on this forum but if you fit this category and you'd be interested in participating in this research I'd be happy to hear from you. If you know someone who would be interested let them know about this study and drop me a line. I have a PhD from an Australian University in Sociology and Education. I am currently on a self funded research leave (meaning I left my well paid but hugely stressful job to save my sanity and so that I could actually write something), and am working on a book. I published my PhD in October of last year and have a couple of journal articles in the works as well. I am intending to turn this research into a book.

Thank you very much

Dr M Hughes

@DrMHughes2015

J

Hi! I wouldn't mind talking to you but not sure whether I would fit the criteria as my course wasn't traditional really. I did a BA(hons) for 3 years, then a certificate in planning practice (essentially an industrial placement) for 1 year, a postgraduate diploma for 1 year (essentially a masters without a dissertation) and then in the following year or so, I wrote a masters dissertation to top up my diploma to a masters.... Long and convoluted, I know! They were all from Newcastle University and that used to be a genuine route in Town Planning! I've just submitted an application to do my PhD but alongside and in between my studies I've also worked full time. So I'm not sure if that would be any help to you at all - but if it is, let me know!

J