Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

PGF Drinks/Dinner in London week of 30th August

P

Dear all,

Seems like some of us would like to meet up! Also seems almost all of us may have work in London and hence be busy during the day. So, what about drinks and dinner of sorts? We could make it early dinner of you wish?

Or we could just do some pub food at some nice pub around Covent Garden.

So, all those interested in drinks/dinner in the week ahead post here. To start off, I suggest Sneak's date - the evening of 1st Sept?

NB: We do know that no date will be convenient for all.... so, most of us will need to adjust!

I can do the 1st (obviously) I can make it anytime after 5.30, but will have to leave 9ish for the train (turkey)

======= Date Modified 26 Aug 2010 17:22:25 =======
I 'over clicked' :-(

P

1st going once...
1st going twice...

T

Alas, I shall not be there. But if we fancy a repeat later in the month...

A

I will be in the final stages of writing up then, but I should be about for the RI talk on 23rd September if anyone is free then, Teek mentioned she may be coming along. :-)

S

That sounds so nice but I can't make it either, I'm skint with a capital S until my bursary is paid in october and it costs me quite a bit to get into London let alone drinks/food etc and its very short notice lol - I need weeks in advance to sort out babysitters etc etc lol lol lol - ahhh the joys of being a mature student :p

J

I'm in London (from the North West) at the RGS conference but not sure whether I can escape from it (Head of Dept is also at the conferecne so my absence might be noticed)

W

My God, everyone is going to be in London around that time it seems. I'll hold the fort as the only PGF affiliated researcher in the North then ;-)

E

I would like to come too, but I will be in the country (and in London) only for theweek starting on the 12th......
Maybe arrange a meeting then????????????????:p:p

P

Ok, let us say the last week of September? Suits? If suits, then lets get to the point of deciding a date so everyone has enough notice too :)

I'm at a conference end of sep - although can't remember when. Set a date and I will see if I can come along :-)

N

I can come along pretty much whenever really, but I am starting a new job soon and will be working until 8pm 2 days of the week, will let you know the days that will be soon - will be great to meet more people!

Nx

A

======= Date Modified 27 Aug 2010 20:45:04 =======
Um, well, I'll be there 23rd/24th if that's ok for people, although I'm at that debate thing from 7 - 8.30pm on 23rd. Otherwise I'll be back over in November sometime!