Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

postgradforum app?

Can we have an app for iphone that beeps at you every time you are trying to procrastinate please??

B

Actually I'd really like a mobile theme for the postgrad forum, so I could read it on Safari on my iPod touch. At the moment it is too small/wide, and the interface not so good. Pretty please? :)

T

======= Date Modified 18 Nov 2009 21:07:40 =======
Outrageously off-topic question here, but I was thinking of getting an iPhone - are they all they're cracked up to be sneaks?

And yes, an anti-procrastinate app is much-needed, although mine would beep so frequently the entire office would think they'd developed tinitus.

well, I've always had the cheapest of the cheap pay as you go mobile, but have moved house and now don#t have a landlline, so thought it was worth getting the iphone. Yes I think it is worth it considering for the same no. of mins/texts its about the same costs as other touchscreen phones anyway. It is really useful to check email etc on the train/bus - means you can go in a bit later but not miss out on anything important. Although you have to watch yourself with the games :$

You have to be careful not to spend too much in the app store. most apps cost between 50p and £5 but if you buy a few you can easily spend £10-20 a month which can get expensive!

I don't know who is offering the best deal orange or o2, I'm on o2, but I heard orange impose an internet limit of 750mb I think (have no idea what that means!).

B

I'd also recommend the iPod touch which does the same thing, without the phoning. Though you can use Skype if you're in a wifi area. I use it quite a lot. Works well. I have bought quite a lot of the apps, but have my fill for now. And many of the good ones are free. I also find the iPod touch (or iPhone would be just as good) great as an eBook reader.

M

Digressing a little...but apart from the fact the Ipod Touch doesn't make calls, is it pretty much the same as the IPhone? I want something for apps (odd access to email and looking at maps), but I'm not willing to take out a new phone contract as I've managed to build up loads of loyalty discounts.

I think T-Mobile are now (or are about to) offer the IPhone, and they do a 'web n' walk' web access that is unlimited (within reason).