Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Anyone else feeling positive about their PhD progress?

L

Hello!

Often the posts on here are cries for help so thought I would post something positive!

I'm feeling really good about my PhD progress this morning (that may change this afternoon mind you!) so though I would embrace the good feeling as these can feel few and far in between! :p

I've realised that I can get the majority of my analysis chapters drafted before Christmas which will give me a much needed boost and good chance at finishing on time!! Which I'm really excited about - I am making progress!!! whoop!!

I think it's really important we acknowledge that we are doing well, that we are working hard and dammit that we have results!! :-)

Anyone else want to share something positive about their work at the moment? What are you proud of at the moment?

L xxx

B

I'm really pleased because for the first time in years I'm optimistic about reaching the end. My official registration deadline is the end of March 2010, so it's looming. But up until a month or two ago I was incredibly pessimistic. But I've been pushing ahead with chapter finishing, and plugging gaps. And, amazingly, I think I'm going to get there. Still would have a viva to get through of course, and I'm less optimistic about that (!), but - overall - yes I'm in a positive mood.

L

It's a lovely feeling when you feel you have turned a corner isn't it BilboBaggins? :-)
x

B

Quote From LeannePhD:

It's a lovely feeling when you feel you have turned a corner isn't it BilboBaggins? :-)
x

Very! Particularly given the huge PhD doldrums I've been in over the last 2-3 years (I'm a part-time student).

L

oh even more congratulations are in order then if the doldrums have been going on for that long! :-)

S

Nope.. viva in 4 weeks and extremely stressed about it.

Good for you though, I dimly remember having good days -- mostly when supervisor was away at a conference. Wrong thread, I know.

A

ooh nice one! I'm actually feeling ok about mine too, between one sup asking have I got enough to do , and another sup telling me I'm trying to do too much, I think I've got it figured out! Plus, I'm about to send off my first journal article for submission! Just waiting for the rejection/rewrite now!!

Hi Leanne, I'm feeling really good about mine at the moment too. My supervisor is happy with the blue print/outline I've just sent him -I wrote about 1000 to 2000 words on each chapter and the introduction - including my methods and framework; I'm starting to see how it's going to shape up, and that it's working; my writing is much, much better than it was few months ago, so much so that my sup says any further work on that would be a matter of making it really polished, and that I can wait for a publication or the final thesis for that. I'm so happy about it because the PhD got lost in the first year (I'm part-time) due to a supervisor who didn't have a clue and seemed more concerned with undemining me than rpoviding supervision. I'm really buzzing wth it at he minute! But, as you say, this could all change soon... we must stay on our toes, I guess. :-)

S

My thesis is going very slowly, but yesterday I got a copy of an article that I had co-authored with a research team, so that was nice! And found out that another journal article I had rewritten over and over had finally been accepted without further changes. Hooray!