Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Been away for a while...

Hi Again everyone,

I've been away fro a bit because I've not been too good - really bad in fact. Just been through the break-up of a really long relationship, had some emotional stuff that really messed with my head a lot and basically had a breakdown. Also, I said too much to some colleagues (they just happened to be there when I burst into tears) and now I feel a bit awkward about it. But I think I'm getting better and the PhD is going remarkable well. Anyway hope to be on here alot more!! And hope everyone is fong well.
EV xx

Oh Ev, I'm sorry to hear things have been so tough for you. I hope you're feeling stronger again now - make sure you're kind to yourself and don't pile on too much pressure. And I totally hear you about feeling awkward around colleagues you've shared with - but don't worry about it, most people are very human and understanding and will only be wishing you the best, not thinking any worse of you for anything you may have told them while in such a difficult situation.

Anyway, welcome back!

K

Hey Ev. Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, sounds like you've been through a lot. Glad you've returned to the forum. Don't worry about your colleagues- I left a post on here the other day about bursting into tears in front of my sup and other team members- and none of them have made me feel uncomfortable about it, however embarrassed I was at the time (and still am!). Make sure you look after yourself and don't put yourself under too much pressure if you're having a hard time. Sounds like you're feeling better anyway, which is a great thing :) Best, KB

A

Welcome back Ev, good to have you onboard again :-). Try not to replay the outburst with your colleagues though that can be difficult I know. Great to hear the PhD is going well.

R

Hi Ev,

nice to see that you are back!

Sorry about the troubles in your personal life. Do not worry too much about your colleagues. At least good to read that you PhD is going well. Stay strong:-)