Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Delta?

Where's Delta?

If you're around Delta - how's things with your incredibly [insert expletive here] supervisor?

D

I'm here and its finished. I 100% believe my thesis wasn't read in full (and was never going to be read in full) and if it was read I don't know to what extent. By far the majority I never received feedback on and any feedback tended to be at the beginning of a piece and so I'm not confident the rest was read. In a way, some might think I was lucky because I didn't have any rewriting or draft on draft and so the write up in a sense wasn't stressful. Trying to get feedback and waiting on feedback was very, very stressful though. The thing is I believe if a supervisor gives feedback, even if it's a lot, it shows they care and they are preparing you well for viva because they are being critical and trying to get the best from you. I would feel confident facing viva if I felt someone else apart from me had read my work in full but given that I'm not the best person to look objectively at my work the viva could be very unpleasant...I just don't know. I'm resigned to how it went but think I'll be absolutely furious if I don't pass because I don't think it'll will be my fault.

congrats delta! I'm so happy that you got it in and also extremely jealous haha!

I'm just plugging away still, my submission date has been moved AGAIN and I'm re-doing ANOTHER chapter AGAIN. She finally has read it all through though, so there is some hope. I just wish she'd done this earlier - like a year ago. But I'm resigned to a viva after xmas now and submission probably end of nov (Although submission date at the mo is mid-nov). I have so much to do on it!

I'm sure it will be fine - I'd love to just submit and take the amendments now, much better than trying to guess what amendments they'd want now which is what I feel like I'm doing.

A

Hey Mr C8-)8-)L - thrilled you're finished. I'm sure it's fine but I do accept your genuine worry as I hate when people say that to me that 'it'll be fine'. Best of luck - next crisis is getting your viva data, prepping for your viva, sitting the viva...:-)

Well Done(gift)

D

Thanks Sneaks and Ady. I had intended to keep it for a while but didn't feel I was able to do anything else with it and so decided to submit and I feel better for it. If you feel you can improve your thesis prior to submission it's best to do so. Sneaks it's good to know your supervisor has given more feedback as it's better late than never. Ady, the hardest work for you is hopefully over.

Hang on in there!!!

Hi Delta,

Well done for submitting! I do understand your concerns, but as you said there is a moment in which you have to take the plunge and write the word end.
You have done your very best and you deserve to pass with flying colours. Good luck with your viva, and do keep us posted.

(up)

S

Congrats on submitting Delta! Good luck with viva and prep(up)

D

DrCorinne, Yes, I felt I needed to draw a line under it and thanks for the support.

Skig, many thanks and all good wishes for when you submit.

S

Thanks! (er, I got really sick of it last week and, in a moment of madness, I submitted it! Not sure it was the right time but it's done now)

D

That's great, good for you, Skig!(up) I'm sure you'll be fine!

S

Thank you for the support Delta!

A

Well done Skig, I'm sure you're relieved it's in. I submitted mine this afternoon - feel a bit numb to be honest1

D

Excellent Ady! Time to relax...for a while!

S

Well done Ady!! You been shoe shopping yet;-)

A

Quote From Skig:

Well done Ady!! You been shoe shopping yet;-)

Hmm, now you mention it...