Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

End Note urgent help - modifying output style for bibliography

A

Hi

I need to edit the output style for my endnote bibliography so that when a Computer Program citation is used, the URL field shows in the bibliography (at the mo it's just the developers and the year) but i can't seem to find out how to do this... the output style editor does not allow me to change the template for specific fields as far as i can tell.

This is quite urgent as i have to submit the camera ready version of this paper today so i'm hoping someone can help!

D

Unfortunately I don't have endnote installed on the computer at the moment so I'm doing it from memory. You can edit the styles as I chose a journal style I liked the look of and then tweaked it a bit to get the bits I wanted added in. Alternatively you can set up your own style but I found this quite a hassle so I adapted an existing one and saved it under a different name so I would still have the original. If you want the url to appear as well I would just include in the same line after the title or wherever you want it to appear. I know this is probably not the correct way to do it but it seems to work for me.

A

That's a very clever hack that i hadn't thought of and will certainly do for now! Thank you!!!!

There must be a real way of doing it though... but i will figure that out when the deadline isn't looming!

D

Yeah I'm sure there is so can you let me know when you figure out please as I've spent ages trying to figure out that program which is supposed to make our lives easier! Thanks :p