Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Excel Alternative

M

Hi , I have several data sets with three columns of approximately 5000 cells each. I need to be able to plot graphs for these data sets and do some simple analysis on the results, can anyone suggest an alternative to Excel as I don't like the way the latest version has been designed. Are there any open source / freeware versions that may be more intuitive. Thanks
Max

S

Graphpad Prism is pretty awsome. You can download a 1 month free trial. Once that is up if you just remove and re-download you can have it for another month... etc etc. :D

M

Hi Superman, thanks for the reply, I have just downloaded it and at first glance it looks pretty good:-). I will give it a go and see how I get on.
Max

S

hi maxipat, superman thanks for the graph tips here :-) I am also looking for some nice application for my graphs.
:-)
satchi

Are you certain that, after the one month trial, you just remove and reinstall for another month, and repeat as necessary? I don't want to try this and then find I can't reinstall, making a month's worth of graphs unusable... If so, I'd definitely get this, but my uni doesn't supply it, and I can't buy it...

J

topcat is good for this sort of thing and really easy to use. It's free and is available from http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/topcat/ . I use it in linux but it will run in windows too since it's written in java.

S

Quote From 4matt:

Are you certain that, after the one month trial, you just remove and reinstall for another month, and repeat as necessary? I don't want to try this and then find I can't reinstall, making a month's worth of graphs unusable... If so, I'd definitely get this, but my uni doesn't supply it, and I can't buy it...

Pretty certain. I am on my second month at the moment.